Battered Spouse Children and Parents (VAWA Cases)

Violations Against Women Act (VAWA) Green Cards

An Immigration Solution for Immigrants in Abusive Relationships

In 1994, Congress passed a powerful piece of legislation known as the Violations Against Women Act (VAWA), providing a special route to United States immigration for abused spouses and children. Additionally, VAWA is also a powerful means in protecting immigrants in abusive relationships from losing their immigration status in the U.S.

At Legalize Me, our VAWA immigration attorneys are dedicated to fighting to get abused spouses and children the protection they deserve by helping them obtain a VAWA visa to come to the U.S. or protect them from getting deported if they already reside in in the country.

Eligibility Requirements for a VAWA Green Card

Although the title of VAWA specifically denotes “women,” it applies to abused male and female spouses, as well as children. A VAWA visa may be applied in any situation where a spouse of a U.S. citizen has abused the immigrant spouse. Abuse may be physical, mental or psychological or a combination of all three.

In order to qualify for a VAWA Green Card, the following three requirements must be met:

1. The abused alien must have entered into a bona fide or “good faith” marriage with a U.S. citizen or permanent reside spouse;

2. The alien must be in an abusive marriage; AND

3. The alien must be a person of good moral character.

If you meet these eligibility requirements, you need to file Form I-360 (VAWA Petition) with supporting documentation. Providing sufficient evidence of the battery, abuse or extreme cruelty is crucial in obtaining a VAWA visa.

The Legal Assistance You Need to Successfully Petition for a VAWA Green Card

Meeting the requirements of a VAWA green card can be a daunting process, especially if the case does not involve physical abuse. At Legalize Me, our VAWA immigration attorneys have successfully processed many VAWA visas.

We will fight for your rights and provide you with the compassionate, yet aggressive, legal assistance that you deserve. We can help you in your VAWA petition by filing your I-360 form either administratively through the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or in proceedings before an administrative judge, if necessary. Upon approval of your VAWA petition, our immigration lawyers will help you file for an adjustment of status application to become a lawful permanent resident.

Contact Legalize Me For to Petition for a VAWA Green Card

Legalize Me is dedicated to offering the most experienced immigration support for all of our clients, especially for abused spouses and children. Like any other legal process, applying for a VAWA green card can be a complicated task. That is precisely why you need to hire a knowledgeable VAWA immigration attorney who has a successful track record in assisting individuals obtain permanent residency status through a VAWA green card.

For more information or to schedule a free consultation with compassionate and experienced VAWA immigration attorney Michael S. Carrillo, call Legalize Me toll free at 800-554-8778.

If you found this helpful, please share it

Do You Still Have Question? Contact Us for A Free Consultation Now: