Fiancé Visa

K1 Fiancé Visa Attorney

A K1 fiancé visa permits a foreign individual to legally enter the United States if they plan on entering into a bona fide marriage with a U.S. citizen and subsequently seek legal permanent residency in the country. As with all other immigration procedures, obtaining a fiancé visa is not an easy task and requires the assistance of an experienced fiancé visa attorney.

If you need to obtain a K1 fiancé visa, it is imperative that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney because one mistake can significantly delay or result in the denial of the visa. At Legalize Me, our legal team understands the application process and will work relentlessly to ensure that you and your family obtain the visas you need to remain with your loved ones.

What You Need to Successfully Apply for a K1 Fiancé Visa

In order to successfully apply for a K1 fiancé visa, the following requirements must be met:

  • A U.S. citizen must file Form I-129F on behalf of the fiancé(e).
  • The applicant must provide proof of U.S. citizenship in the form of U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, Certificate of Naturalization, or Certificate of Citizenship.
  • Must complete Form G-325 (“Biographic Data Sheets”) on behalf of both the U.S. citizen applicant and the foreign fiancé(e).
  • A color photo of both the U.S. citizen applicant and the foreign fiancé(e) must be taken within 30 days of filing the application.
  • If either individual has been previously married, they must provide a copy of a divorce decree, death certificate or annulment decree, whichever is applicable.
  • Must provide proof of permission to marry if either party is subject to any age restrictions.

Stay and Extensions Under a K1 Fiancé Visa

A foreign individual who has successfully applied for a K1 fiancé visa may remain in the United States for only ninety (90) days. This time period cannot be extended. The individual must get married during the 90-day time period or leave the country. After legally getting married, the individual must apply to adjust his or her residency status. Typically, the new status will be a two-year conditional residency. The individual should then file for additional paperwork to lift the conditions.

Applying for a Work Permit

An individual who is legally residing in the United States under a K1 fiancé visa may be allowed to work by applying for a work permit. Our experienced K1 fiancé visa attorneys will help you file Form 765 and provide all the necessary documents so that you can get the work permit you seek.

If you apply for adjustment of status to permanent resident, you must re-apply for a new work permit.

Contact an Experienced K1 Fiancé Visa Lawyer

At Legalize Me, our experienced legal team is dedicated to helping bring and keep families together. We make it a top priority to get you and your loved one the fiancé visa you need to bring your foreign spouse-to-be into the U.S. to ultimately enter into a bona fide marriage.

Obtaining a fiancé visa is a complex immigration process. Our immigration attorneys are here to help. For more information or to schedule a free consultation with compassionate and experienced immigration attorney Michael S. Carrillo, call Legalize Me toll free at 800-554-8778.

If you found this helpful, please share it

Do You Still Have Question? Contact Us for A Free Consultation Now: