Provisional Waivers

The I-601A Stateside Provisional Waiver

As of March 4, 2013, certain non-citizens who are illegally present in the United States may be able to apply for permanent residency status under the new stateside “provisional waiver” program. This new program is especially beneficial because it avoids the old system’s requirements of the applicant to have to wait for months or years outside the U.S. while the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) considers their waiver application.

If you or a loved one is illegally residing in the States and is seeking lawful permanent residency, you should contact Legalize Me for a free consultation with one of our experienced provisional waiver attorneys.

Qualification Requirements for the I-601A Stateside Provisional Waiver

In order to qualify for an I-601A stateside provisional waiver, you must satisfy the following conditions:

  • You must be a spouse, parent or a child under the age of 21 of a U.S. citizen. Unfortunately, this new policy excludes spouses and children of permanent residents, siblings of U.S. citizens, and adult or married children of U.S. citizens. These other individuals will need to file their I-601 waiver applications outside the U.S.
  • You must be physically present in the U.S. at the time of application of the waiver.
  • You must be at least 17 years old.
  • You must not have been scheduled for an immigrant visa interview as of January 3, 2013.

Other Restrictions of I-601A Stateside Provisional Waiver

Even if you meet the above criteria, the USCIS will not automatically grant you the waiver for permanent residency. Either you or your provisional waiver attorney will need to provide evidence that your U.S. citizen spouse or parent would suffer extreme hardship if the USCIS does not grant you the waiver.

Preparing the necessary information and completing the I-601A packet is a complex process that demands the assistance and guidance of an attorney who is knowledgeable with this new program. You will be required to provide extensive evidence of hardship, which may need to include medical documentation, declarations of key witnesses, and education and employment records.

When you hire a provisional waiver attorney at Legalize Me, you can be confident that we will provide you with the necessary experience and knowledge to get you the permanent residency that you deserve.

Costs and Time for Filing an I-601A Stateside Provisional Waiver

As with all other legal filings with the USCIS, it will cost you to file for a stateside provisional waiver. The filing fee for an I-601A stateside provisional waiver is $585, plus a fingerprint fee of $85 per applicant 79 years or younger.

After paying the necessary fees and properly filing your packet with the USCIS, you should expect at least three months for your file to be reviewed. We will help you provide all of the necessary information in order to avoid any additional delays.

Contact Legalize Me For Successfully Getting a Green Card Through Marriage

For more information about the I-601A Stateside Provisional Waiver or to schedule a free consultation with our immigration attorney Michael S. Carrillo to discuss your immigration needs, call Legalize Me toll free at 800-554-8778.

If you found this helpful, please share it

Do You Still Have Question? Contact Us for A Free Consultation Now: