What To Do After a DACA Approval

On June 15, 2012, the Obama Administration provided qualifying young immigrants, who were illegally brought into the United States under the age of 30 and went to school here, stayed out of trouble and could prove residency, a two-year amnesty from deportation. This administrative program, which became known as the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) addresses the unnerving immigration issues for more than 1.6 million undocumented young individuals currently living in the United States and possibly facing deportation.

But the real question is what happens after these individuals are approved for DACA and have successfully applied and received an individual tax identification number (ITIN).

The Next Step

If you have applied for amnesty under DACA, our immigration lawyers at Legalize Me can help you take the next crucial steps in your path to obtaining permanent residency status. Below is an overview of the steps you need to take:

– Apply for a Social Security Number (SSN).
– Transfer your existing ITIN credit history to your new SSN.
– Contact the IRS to cancel your ITIN because you are not allowed to have both an ITIN and SSN issued to one name.

We will walk you through each of these three important steps by providing you with the websites you need to visit, the contact ifnormation for the corresponding agencies, and even a template of the necessary letters you need to write to the IRS to rescind your ITIN number.

We Are Here To Help

At Legalize Me, our immigration attorneys are dedicated to offering immigration support for all of our clients, especially young individuals who are facing deportation through no fault of their own. We are intimately knowledgeable with the DACA program and can help you file for deferred action and guide you through the steps you need to take once you get approval under this program.

For more information about the next steps you need to take after you are approved for a two-year DACA amnesty or to consult with experienced immigration attorney Michael S. Carrillo, call Legalize Me toll free at 800-554-8778.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.